Monday, July 7, 2008

ROUND TWO

Well we leave here this Wednesday (7/9/08) for my second surgery which is on Thursday (7/10/08), have to be there at 530am so that means I am first up to bat. YEAHHHHH! Last time I had to be there at 630am and I just sit on the bed until about 10am waiting on them to do whatever they had to do.

Ok, so let me update you on my last one. The surgery went purdy good. But the new medicine that my nephrologist put me on to stop the kidney stones from forming made me have something wrong with my heart. IT made my potassium go DANGEROUSLY high in the middle of the night and I had to sit up and drink this really nasty stuff twice. So six wonderful jugs of it. Well they forgot to tell me one thing....LOL, It give you diaherria.........OOPS........So once that hits I'm on the toilet taking care of business for six hours........... So needless to say my hubby went back to the motel and slept. While I was taking care of that business. Well they discharged me on June 26th in the pm and we came home, boy ole boy that car trip was something else. Phewww I was glad to be home. Well this catheter that I have coming out of my back is way different then the last one I had and I DO NOT like it. I have had to take a perocet just about everyday this time and last time I didn't ...........I hate to have to rely on them suckers, cuz even though I am here, my brain isn't and neither is my talking. The catheter coming out of my back is not was is hurting me, yes it does hurt but I have ALOOOOTTTTT of kidney stones in my bladder and since I am not peeing, guess what? They have decided to stay for a duration. Everytime and I mean everytime I move, those little suckers do to and well just let's say it makes you grit your teeth and curse and even makes my face makes funny faces and sweat oh heavens do I sweat. My BESTEST HUBBY in the whole wide world in the fill in nurse, he changes my bandaid's at leat 4 times a day. the home health nurses can only come out twice a week and that is not nearly enough. Oh well enough of this. I just wanted to let you know what is going on. And my second round is this coming Thursday and I am so ready for it. I am so tired of hurting, I can't even think right. So once again please pray for me again. Think happy thoughts on thursday, so I can get what I want done, LOL.........

Take care & I Love you...........Ellen

4 comments:

Tina said...

Good luck with this new round of surgery!You made me tear up .zi really hope they can zp those suckers!

Amanda said...

You know I gotta comment! I love you and if you ever need anything or just to talk, you know where to call!

Love you!
Manda

Anonymous said...

Ella, the first time I visited your blog was to read about your pain and your upcoming surgery and i've been coming back ever since....and getting worried.

Thanks for the update. That stuff you had to drink sounds like GO LIGHTLY, to make you GO FLUENTLY, but without the abdominal cramps. It's basically Epsom Salts and water. arghhhhhhh

Better luck is on its way.

chatty said...

Hey i know your home now and im so glad that the surgery is over and done with and your doing so much better..now its time to relax and heal and get well..i sure have missed ya but your always on my mind and prayers..i know its been a battle but you have lots who love you and a good husband that helps you and so what more can a gal want..right? well maybe some CHOCOLATE... hee hee