Sunday, June 22, 2008

TUCSON BOUND

Well tomorrow (6/23/08) we are off to Tucson. SIGGHHHHHH. I have my surgery on 6/24/08 - I have to be there at 630am. They will insert a guide wire through my back and into my kidney. That is for the urologist which is the surgeon. They can then go down over the guide wire and go directly to my kidney and do their work. I'm hoping and praying that they will be able to get most of the stones out, but, I have to keep in the back of my mind that - that might not happen either. When I awake I will have a catheter coming out of my back - it is like a regular catheter, but it comes out of my back. They will leave this in, so in 2 weeks I'll go back again and do this all over again, until they get all these babies out of there. All through this I will be homebound and have a RN come into my house 2-3 a week and a bath lady also, she'll come 2-3 week also. I can't take a shower or bath, so she assists me getting cleaned up. I can't wash around the area, so she does it. But with the weather being like it is right now, I'm going to have to do something, cuz you HAVE to take a shower everyday cuz it is so hot. We have been averaging 115 degrees everyday for over a week now and there is no break coming either. Being at home all the time is very depressing but with all the support that I have it's ok. You get to missing going out and doing stuff, even if it is a ride in the car. (just try to ride in a car with a tube coming out of your back, believe me, it's hard) Last time, when we were coming home I leaned over and laid my head on the dashboard that is the most comfortable spot I could find. But the weather was way different then. Right now if I would do that I would be BEET red, cuz of the heat. So we'll see what will happen when I get home. So anyway, please think of me on Tuesday as I am very nervous. Pray for me too please!

I love each and everyone of you.............take care and I'll keep you updated. Hopefully when I get on my feet I'll be able to come on and see what everyone has been up to.

XOXO-------Ellen

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love you too mom, you know where I am if you need to talk

Love you!
Amanda

dawnmercedes said...

I didn't realize that you were Renee's SISTER! I guess that moves you up a few notches in my book. I LOVE Renee! hehe. I hope you are feeling better in no time at all.

Tina said...

Get well soon!!! Get your hubby to by you some popsicles!! and a air conditioner for your room!! Going to check out your blog now!!Hopefully you will great a cool weather break and all those stones vanish!!!
Tina

chatty said...

I know your home now and i just want to say i miss ya girlfriend and its been hard not talking to you everyday..i know you need your rest and space but when your up to it i will be over...I have been praying for you ever since you left and was so happy to see you got to come home so soon...Gentle hugs and take it easy...
I cant wait for you to see the card Renee made you its really nice..awwwwwwwwww
Now go rest and i will call you later...
your best bud
cathy